The following principles underpin your town planning permit process:
• Strategic basis – your proposal addressing schemes concisely and clearly express a strategic vision and policy basis approach.
• Clear and consistent – Standard provisions apply across the State and are clearly expressed, and having your application address these in the form required by council to highlight clear and consistant information.
• Transparent – Rationale for policy, requirements and planning decisions, consents on your appliation are made transparent.
• Third party involvement – Public consultation and engagement by affected people in the formation of town planning schemes, in assessing development and in reviewing decisions.
• Timeliness – An assessment process that does not delay consideration of proposals, and this has been highlighted by councils as the main cause of delays by applications not being submitted fully with all the information required.
• Improvement – Planning schemes and processes are regularly reviewed by council, we are aware of these and the impact on your project.
• Single point of assessment – One person coordinates necessary referrals and notification, and determines the application process and follows it through council.
• Tailored assessment – Different levels of assessment dependent and independant on complexity and impact of proposal.
• Independent review of decisions – Opportunity for planning permit decisions to be reviewed by an independent body, VCAT.